CCU Points of Pride
U.S. News & World Report
- 52nd (tied) in the Best Regional Universities (South) category (2018 edition)
- Second among Southern regional universities in the Best Value category (2018 edition)
- 19th (tied) in the Top Public Schools category (2018 edition)
- 29th in Best Colleges for Veterans category (2018 edition)
- MBA program tops U.S. News Short List for its 100 percent job placement rate
America's Best College Buys
Seventh consecutive year on America's 100 Best College Buys by the independent consulting firm Institutional Research & Evaluation Inc.
Forbes America’s Top Colleges
CCU was recognized by Forbes as one of America's Top Colleges for 2015.
Military Friendly School
Eighth consecutive year on Military Friendly School list
Colleges of Distinction
CCU is a College of Distinction.
Highlights from "The Economic Impact of Coastal Carolina University on the South Carolina and Grand Strand Economies" in 2016 include the following:
$565.8 million annual economic impact on South Carolina
$198.7 million in labor income
3,914 full- and part-time jobs
By the Numbers
- The Wall College of Business is AACSB-accredited, an achievement held by less than 5 percent of business schools.
- CCU’s new Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) program takes an innovative and pioneering approach to the admissions process and proven to position incoming freshmen for success.
- One of 12 organizations in the Carolinas working together to accelerate the development of offshore wind energy in the Southeast.
- 19th fastest growing public master's degree university in the nation (2002-2010: 56.1 percent growth) – Chronicle of Higher Education
- $300 million building campaign View recent construction projects »
- Fall 2016: 10,479 students (in last 10 years, enrollment has grown 33.1 percent)
- Fall 1993: 4,453 students (year Coastal became an independent, state-supported university)
- Fall 1974: 1,396 students (first baccalaureate degrees awarded in 1974)