facebook icon twitter youtube

Prospective Students

Application Process for Prospective International Students

International student applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.  Decisions are typically mailed approximately three weeks after all supporting materials have been received.

Note to Double-degree or Exchange Students: Please meet with your home institution's study abroad coordinator before applying to Coastal Carolina University.

To begin your application process and get more detailed information, click here. 

Application requirements:

  1. $45 non-refundable application fee (U.S. Currency).
  2. Official high school transcript(s) and relevant leaving certificate(s).
  3. Confidential Financial Statement/Letter of Guarantee showing adequate resources to support the student for the academic year. This form must be taken to your financial institution for verification of funds. The original form is required; a faxed or scanned copy will not be accepted. This document does not have to be submitted at the same time as your application, but must be submtted before a decision can be made or an I-20 or DS-2019 is issued.
  4. TOEFL score(s). SAT or ACT scores will be accepted in lieu of TOEFL scores for students whose first language is English. International Transfer and Second Degree students who have taken two semesters of a parallel English course with a 3.0 average are not required to submit a TOEFL score.
  5. All persons born in 1957 or after must provide proof of immunization for rubella and rubeola measles.

In addition to the above items, transfer and second degree students must also submit:

  1. Official college transcripts from all institutions attended. If the institution is not within the United States a course-by-course evaluation of all international university work completed through AACRAO Foreign Education Credential Service (http://ies.aacrao.org/evaluations/) or from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) must be provided.
  2. Copies of your VISA (F-1 or J-1), I-94, I-20, or DS-2019.
  3. Transfer Clearance Form (only if currently studying at a university in the United States).