Top Reasons to Attend
Coastal Carolina University
- Quality Academic Programs: CCU is nationally and internationally recognized for many of its degree programs. The University offers 55 areas of study toward the baccalaureate degree and 7 master’s degree programs, including coastal marine and wetland studies, MBA, writing, and education.
The University is divided into the following areas of Academic Interest: Business, Science, Education, Humanities & Fine Arts, University College, Graduate Studies.
- Highly Qualified and Caring Professors and Staff: CCU has over 350 full-time Faculty, 83% of which have doctoral or terminal degrees, and more than 550 full-time staff.
- Engaging Student Environment: The University provides a variety of services that support student success. Students have access to a wide range of services and facilities on campus, such as wireless internet access, a brand new fitness facility, nationally competitive sports teams, and the University golf course. Students also have access to campus apartment style housing.
- Active Campus Community: Participating in campus activities is at the heart of a successful college experience, and CCU has over 160 active student organizations that encourage academic excellence, leadership, community engagement, and personal growth.
- Successful Graduates: Many of our alumni have gone onto place at top graduate schools (Stanford, London School of Economics, Scripps Institution, Johns Hopkins, University of Iceland), and have careers with leading companies (Microsoft, Citigroup, Marriott, Rolls Royce, Coca Cola).
- Affordable Cost & Great Quality Education = Value: CCU was recently ranked one of America’s “100 Best College Buys” for outstanding value and affordability. In the 2012 edition of “Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report, Coastal Carolina was also rated among the top 15 regional public universities in the South in the “Great Schools, Great Prices” category. It was one of only two South Carolina schools to place in this category.
- Scholarships: Students have the access to a number of athletic and merit-based scholarships.
- Beautiful and Safe Campus near a Major Tourism Location: Coastal Carolina University is located 12 km from the Atlantic Ocean resort of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, one of the fastest growing and most important tourist destinations in the U.S. To learn more about the Myrtle Beach Area, click here.
A picture of the Myrtle Beach Skywheel set against the condo shoreline.