facebook icon twitter youtube

Arrival/Departure Record

The I-94 card is a record of your entry into the U.S. It should be stapled in your passport. Ordinarily, this card should not be removed from your passport unless you are departing the U.S.  (For instructions on completing the Form I-94).

The purpose of the I-94 is to show the length of time that foreign nationals are permitted to stay in the U.S. For F-1 students, this will be indicated by the term D/S, which is an abbreviation of Duration of Status, meaning the length of time given to you by the school to complete your program of study. It is the date that you complete your program of study, not the end date noted on your student visa, that reflects the expiration of your F-1 status (plus 30 days to leave the U.S.) For additional information about the I-94 Arrival-Departure Record, visit the FAQ's section of the U.S. Customs & Border Protection website.

For all other visa categories, the expiration date will be written on the I-94 card. You must depart the country on that date. If you lose or misplace this card, you must apply for a new one. Applications for replacement I-94s can be obtained from the Office of International Programs & Services or online at www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-102.pdf. The filing fee for a replacement I-94 is $320 so keep it some place safe!


I94 FrontI94 Back


For more information, contact