Health Administration Completion Program
Description of the Major:
The Bachelor of Science in Health Administration completion program builds on foundation courses in associate degree programs and even other four-year degree programs. Graduates will be prepared for managerial roles in the health care industry and admision to advanced degree programs such as the Master's in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or the Master's in Health Administration (M.H.A.).
The Student Experience:
- Mounting complexities in the health care environment mandate that health care professionals possess appropriate educational preparation to advance to administrative positions.
- The Health Administration completion program builds on the knowledge gained in entry-level health professional programs and provides the advanced knowledge, values, and critical judgment skills needed to assume leadership and management roles in health care settings.
- All courses in the Health Administration completion program are delivered in a distance learning format using the Blackboard Learning Management system (high-speed internet access is required).
- Coastal Carolina University's core curriculum requirements will be waived for students enrolled in the program who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.), and Associate of Science (A.S.), a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Schedule tracks are available for full-time or part-time degree completion.
What type of health care providers should pursue this degree?
- Dental Hygienists and Assistants
- Emergency Medical Personnel
- Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Nurses (Associates Degree or Diploma)
- Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistants
Areas of Study:
|ENG 211||Technical Writing||PHIL 317||Biomedical Ethics|
|HPRO 380||Essentials of the Health Care System||CBAD 371||Management & Organization|
|HPRO 420||Health Policy||CBAD 374||Human Resource Management|
|BSHA 305||Health Care Marketing||BSHA 455||Managing Health Information|
|BSHA 456||Health Data Analysis||BSHA 382||Budgeting, Finance & Health Care Payment|
For more information, please contact:
- Dr. John Yannessa, Departmental Chair, 843-349-6460 or email@example.com
- Department of Health Sciences Administrative Assistant, 843-349-6568 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also find more information at www.coastal.edu/healthpromo.