Transfer Admission Requirements
- Apply Now for Transfer Admission
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Transfer Application Process
- Transferring Credits
- SC State Policies and Procedures
- Merit Awards
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- South Carolina Residency
- Admissions Home
Transfer students are welcome to apply for fall 2017 admission. We will continue to accept applications for transfer admission and encourage students to apply by June 1 for priority consideration.
We welcome your application for admission and look forward to assisting you throughout the admission process. Below is more information about admission and enrollment and the services we offer to help you complete your application and make a successful transition to the University. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-277-7000, email email@example.com, or find us on Facebook.
What do we look for in applicants?
A transfer applicant is an individual who has attended another regionally accredited college or university in any capacity after graduating from high school, regardless of whether any credits have actually been earned.
If you have earned at least 24 transferable credits, you must earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (on a scale of 4.0) and be in good academic standing at the last institution you attended to be admitted to Coastal Carolina.
If you have earned less than 24 transferable credits, you must earn a minimum 2.0 GPA (on a scale of 4.0), be in good academic standing at the last institution you attended, and meet the freshman admission requirements to be admitted to Coastal Carolina. Freshman admission is based on overall performance in high school courses, grades in the 19 core courses that are required for admission and SAT and/or ACT scores (only the critical reading and math sections of the SAT are considered in the admission process). If you take a test more than once, your best score will be considered (test scores are not required if you are 22 years of age or older).
What documents are required?
The following materials must be received in the Office of Admissions & Merit Awards before your application will be reviewed:
- Completed application for undergraduate admission.*
- Application fee ($45).
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. You can use our Transcript Request Form.
- Students who have less than 24 credits must also submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores (test scores are not required if you are 22 years of age or older).
* As part of the application, all applicants are required to submit complete responses to a series of community standards questions. Applicants must satisfy the community standards portion of the application before the application file is reviewed or an admission decision made. The community standards review process supports the University's goal of maintaining a safe learning community.
What are the deadlines?
- Priority application deadline for the fall term: July 1.
- Priority application deadline for the spring term: December 1.
- Priority application deadline for the summer term: 2 weeks before the start of the term.
- Applications received after these deadlines will be reviewed only if space is available. Applications will not be accepted after classes have started.
- Priority deadline for scholarships: acceptance by June 1.
What if I already have a two-year degree?
Transfer students accepted to the University with an earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution will have all core curriculum requirements waived. Course prerequisites and minimum credit requirements for the awarding of degrees will still apply.
What if I already have a four-year degree?
Second-degree students accepted to the University with an earned Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution will have all core curriculum requirements waived. Course prerequisites and minimum credit requirements for the awarding of degrees will still apply.
What is the transfer student profile for 2014?
- More than 3,000 applications for 1,000 spots.
- Average GPA: 2.8.