CCU Black Alumni Chapter
Join the Coastal Carolina Black Alumni Chapter
Join the Coastal Carolina University Black Alumni Chapter by making a minimum $35 gift to the Pat Singleton-Young Student Leadership Annual Scholarship or by signing up for the Black Alumni Weekend activities.
About the CCU Black Alumni Chapter
The Coastal Carolina University Black Alumni Chapter supports the University by providing an avenue of continued relationship building with black alumni, scholarship fundraising and fostering undergraduate mentorship. We are a diverse body of alumni who take pride in our heritage and support the continued diversification of our alma mater.
Pat Singleton-Young, who began working at CCU in 1979, is the director of multicultural student services. She graduated from then-Coastal Carolina College in 1975 and earned a master's degree in 1978. She held the first membership chair of the CCU Alumni Association when it was founded in 1976. Proceeds from this year's Gospel Sing Out will benefit the Pat Singleton-Young Student Leadership Annual Scholarship, an award that ranges from $250 to $500 that is given to CCU students participating in on-campus multicultural programs and activities.
- Connect black alumni with the CCU alumni association through increased participation at association events and representation in University affairs
- Contribute to the annual cultivation and endowment of the Pat Young-Singleton Student Leadership Annual Scholarship
- Encourage consistent and increased engagement between the black undergraduate student body and black alumni
- Educate and support members and the CCU community on black history and affairs
- Ryan Wilson, chair
- Tabitha James, vice chair
- Octavia Drummond, financial accounts and fundraising chair
- Keri McKelvey, secretary
- Meghan Delaney, social and networking events chair
- Harold Johnson, social media and membership engagement chair
- Cameron Pearson, member
- Amber Campbell, leadership consult
- Woody Ford, leadership consult
Black Alumni Weekend 2017
Join us March 31-April 2, 2017
Please plan to attend CCU's inaugural Black Alumni Weekend for an experience to remember. A list of planned events for the weekend is shown below. The event details are subject to change.
Friday, March 31, 2017
- 6 p.m. African American Music Through The Years at Wheelwright Auditorium
- 9 p.m. Black Alumni Reception sponsored by the CCU Alumni Association
Saturday, April 1, 2017
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. State of the Black Union and Business Owner Expo at Wheelwright Auditorium
- 2 p.m. Wings and Watch Drop-In at The Coop to support CCU vs. GA State
- The Teal & Bronze Affair, for alumni and current students to mix, mingle and network (Location TBA)
Sunday, April 2, 2017
- 11 a.m. Farewell Brunch (Location TBA)
Tickets are available now. The Black Alumni Weekend bundle package is $50 and includes entry to all the weekend events. The bundle also includes an Alumni Association membership for the year. The price of the bundle package will increase to $55 the week before the event.
Community vendors, please register for the Black Alumni Event Expo on Saturday morning by clicking on this link: https://coastal.collegiatelink.net/form/start/121677.
Please check back for more details.