Applying to the Program
Ensure that you meet the Prerequisites:
- At least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Completed at least 15 credit hours.
- Recommended 30 credit hours completed.
Establish the specific Career you are working toward:
- Select a career based on your abilities, interests, and personality.
- Career Services is an excellent place to find resources about potential occupations. Set up an appointment to see a Career Counselor by calling (843) 349-2341 or visit them online http://www.coastal.edu/career/
Meet with the Academic Advisor to create an individualized program:
- Matthew Wood is the Academic Advisor for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Advising office is in Prince 213, upstairs and down the hall to the right.
- Contact Academic Advisor: (843) 349-4841 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out an Application and submit it for faculty review:
- Download an Application below.
- Fill in your basic student information.
- Catalog Year is the year you started at CCU.
- Concentration is a title you create for your program of study.
- Select ten courses at the 300 and 400 level which help you achieve your educational or career goals. Combine at least two disciplines.
- For each of the ten courses, write an explanation on how this specific course will help you achieve in your educational or career goals.
- Submit the application for faculty review through the Academic Advisor.
Celebrate your acceptance into the program:
- After a two week faculty review process, your Application may be accepted. You will be notified if the application or courses selected are unacceptable. An official letter of acceptance will be sent by postal mail.
- You will be listed as a Pre-Major until official acceptance is granted, at which point you will be listed as an Interdisciplinary Studies Major.
Assure you're on the right track to graduation:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor at least once a semester.
- Sign up for courses by following your individualized program of study.
Download a Microsoft Word version of the Application:
Office: Prince 213E
55.0° / 13.0° C