- Mentor Program Training and Orientation Workshop date/time (see Calendar of Events):
- School placement choice;
- Three adult (not students) references with telephone numbers
2. A background check will be completed by Horry County or Georgetown County Schools, depending on mentoring placement. You will be notified of any concerns.
3. Complete a Mentor Program Training and Orientation Workshop and receive school placement confirmation.
4. Complete an on-site school-based orientation at confirmed school with the school's mentor liaison.
5. Plan to spend at least one hour each week with your mentee throughout the semester, time and day to be determined by mentor's schedule, mentee's needs and teacher preference. Time is typically during school day hours.
6. Participate in one mentor program group activiity each semester. See Calendar of Events.
7. Complete mentor program online evaluation materials at the end of each semester.
8. Deadlines for applications and training workshops, see Calendar of Events.