Coastal Carolina University Board of Trustees
Friday, May 9, 2014
E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration Board Room
Call to Order & Invocation
Media in Attendance:
Present Resolution to Coach Ellis and Men’s Basketball Team
• Dennis Wade – Coastal Educational Foundation, President
• Julie M. Rajotte – Horry County Higher Education Commission, Chairman
• Nancy Jarrett - Student Housing Foundation, Chairman
• Chris Johnson - Chanticleer Athletic Foundation, Executive Director
Order of Business
I. Roll Call
II. Review and Approve February 14, 2014 Minutes
III. President's Report
1. Enrollment Report
2. Advisement Module in Dashboard – David Yancey
3. E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration – Interim Dean Barbara A. Ritter
IV. Standing Committee Reports/Motions
A. Academic Affairs Committee
1. M. E. in Special Education (Motion 14-24)
2. M. S. in Information Security & Analytics (Motion 14-25)
3. Change in Faculty Manual (Motion 14-26)
4. Approval of Promotion to Senior Lecturer (Motion 14-27)
5. Approval for Emeritus Faculty Recognition (Motion 14-28)
B. Advancement, Marketing & Alumni Affairs Committee
C. Athletic Committee
D. Finance, Planning and Facilities Committee
1. Request approval of Fall 2014 Tuition and Room and Board rates as presented in the Budget Book.
Final detailed Budget Book to be presented in August (Motion 14-15).
2. Request approval of new and updated course fees, including those fees for distance learning course
the Professional Golf Management program and other miscellaneous course fees, as presented for
the 2014-2015 academic year (Motion 14-16).
3. Approve the request of Dr. David A. DeCenzo, University President, for $232,000, the same amount
as last year, for his discretionary fund for fiscal year 2014-2015 (Motion 14-17).
4. Request approval of expansion of tuition reduction partnership to regional school districts for the
Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed.S.) program. School districts within our immediate region
would be given a 30% tuition reduction (Motion 14-18).
5. Request approval of renewal of one-year lease with Horry Georgetown Technical College for three
classrooms and three faculty offices in the Speir Building at the HGTC Grand Strand campus at an
annual cost of $26,000. Rent to include all utilities, security, maintenance, custodial and
telecommunication costs (Motion 14-19).
6. Request approval of lease on 909 Front Street and of 180 ft. of dock space at Georgetown
waterfront (Motion 14-20).
7. Request approval of renewal of one-year lease to the Small Business Development Center of
Winthrop University for $3,000 per year (Motion 14-21).
8. Request approval of renewal of one-year lease, renewable for three more one-year terms, of
6,215 square feet of space in Litchfield Landing for annual rent of $93,225 for the term
July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2015 (Motion 14-22).
9. Request approval of the Naming Opportunities List as provided by the Office for Philanthropy
E. Government Affairs Committee
F. Student Affairs & Retention Committee
1. Student Code of Conduct Changes (Motion 14-02)
V. Chairman's Report
2. 2014 Board of Trustees Meeting Dates: August 7-8, October 23-24, and December 11-12
VI. Executive Session (State Reason – Contractual/Personnel/Legal)
VII. Other Business
Board of Trustees Agenda May 9, 2014 (pdf)
Must have Adobe Reader to view file.
Board of Trustees Schedule of Events May 8-10, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
8:30 a.m. Executive Session – Legal update
9:30 a.m. Advancement, Marketing & Alumni Affairs Committee
10:30 a.m. Academic Affairs Committe
11:30 a.m. Government Affairs Committee
Noon Lunch/Morning Executive Session
1 p.m. Student Affairs and Retention Committee
2 p.m. Athletic Committee
3 p.m. Finance, Planning & Facilities Committee
4 p.m. Afternoon Executive Session
5:30 p.m. Cocktails & Conversation, Blanton Park
Friday, May 9, 2014
9 a.m. Executive and Audit Committee/Executive Session (if necessary)
10 a.m. Regular Board Meetin
1 p.m. 1954 Society Induction, Prince Lawn
3 p.m. Honors Convocation, Wheelwright Auditorium
4:30 p.m. Senior Celebration, Blanton Park
Saturday, May 10, 2014
7:30 a.m. Breakfast and Robing, Adkins Fieldhouse
8:30 a.m. Commencement, Brooks Stadium
11 a.m. Luncheon