PDA Tracking and Recording
It is ultimately each student’s responsibility to ensure the required number of Professional Development Activities (PDAs) is completed prior to graduation. The Wall Center for Excellence will track participation in PDAs, however students must bring their Student ID to every PDA they attend and sign attendance sheets and/or swipe their Student ID to receive credit. In some cases, usually when an event is off campus or is sponsored by another organization, students will need to complete an External PDA Credit form, which can be found by clicking here, to request to earn PDA credit. This additional requirement will be specified within that particular PDA description. If a student’s record does not reflect participation in a specific PDA, the student must bring the matter to the attention of the Wall Center for Excellence by submitting an appeal.
Students can view their PDA attendance records through the Coastal Connections website by completing the steps below. PDA attendance will be updated on the site within three weeks of the event date. At the end of each term, PDA attendance will be uploaded to students’ permanent records” and will be reflected on the Program Evaluation under the Professional Development Activities section. Please note that the names of the PDAs on the Program Evaluation may look different than those listed on the Coastal Connections site. In many cases, the PDAs on the Program Evaluation will be grouped into broader categories, such as Leadership & Interpersonal Management and Business Skills, Topics and Careers. In addition, the date listed for the PDA will not correspond to the date the PDA occurred, but rather the date the attendance was uploaded to the Program Evaluation system. Therefore, when referring to the Program Evaluation you will only want to check that the appropriate number of PDAs are recorded rather than focusing on the specific PDA types, names or dates.
The Program Evaluation will be the used to verify the successful completion of the PDA graduation requirement during the graduation application process. Therefore, if your PDA record on the Program Evaluation is inaccurate, you MUST bring the matter to the attention of the Wall Center for Excellence by submitting an appeal IMMEDIATELY or you risk not being able to graduate on time.
- Log on to the Coastal Connections website using your CCU email and password.
- If you have never used the system then you will be prompted to create a profile.
- Once in the system, join the Building Your Business Portfolio Program (PDAs) group. The direct link is https://coastal.collegiatelink.net/organization/PDAs. You can also access the group through the “Organizations” link at the top of the main page.
- To view your PDA attendance record, click on the “My Involvement” tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the “Events” link.
- Click on the “Past Events” link.
- This will list all events registered through the Coastal Connections system you signed up for and/or attended, including PDAs.
- Scroll/click through the events on the screen to identify the events that are listed as PDAs.
- Click on the “View Event Calendar” tab to verify which PDAs you actually attended. The events highlighted in blue are PDAs you have attended.