International Media Room
What is the International Media Room?
The International Media Room, located in Kimbel Library 203, is a new space for faculty and students to use webconferencing to connect anywhere in the world for instructional purposes. Using Adobe Connect a faculty member can connect with anyone, anywhere. All that is needed is an internet connection, webcam and speakers. This is a powerful learning tool and provides a unique opportunity for Coastal faculty and students to bring the world into the classroom.
The International Media Room features:
- 12 flat panel monitors
- Touch screen instructor monitor
- Wireless keyboard
- Media cabinet with instructor PC
- 12 laptop computers at a conference style table
- 18 desktop computers
- 2 HD Logitech webcams
- 2 high sensitivity microphones
How does a webconference work?
During the webconference, faculty can share Powerpoints, documents, computer desktop, whiteboard, chat, and webcam video in real time. Participants in the webconference can see and hear one another, chat with one another and share a variety of media.
What are the instructional potential uses for the International Media Room?
- Connecting with guest speakers or lecturers anywhere in the world
- Classes with international components
- Faculty members who are on-site at a remote location and wish to share their experiences in real-time with their studentss
More about the International Media Room
Read the article!
Watch the interview!
Interview starts at 00:30