Cancelled - Quality Matters Circle, Week 1-- Rethinking Your Distance Learning Course: An Introduction to QM
Standards 1, 7, & 8 address how a student gets started in your course, where they will find information on how to access institutional support services and what types of accessibility are available for a student that needs them.
Focusing on the following questions:
• Where does a student begin?
• Will the student be able to find easily the various components of my course?
• Is the purpose and structure of course introduced to the students?
• How does a student get help for technical, accessibility, academic, career services, etc.?
• Does my course allow for accessibility?
The QM Standards 1, 7, & 8 will be discussed and instructors will apply these standards along with the annotations to their course. Instructors will be asked to look at their course through a student’s eyes as a first-timer entering this environment.
At the conclusion of this session, instructors will be able to:
•Identify, explain and provide an example of standard 1, 7, & 8
•Apply the standards and annotations within course to identify strengths along with areas for improvement in the course using constructive, specific, measurable, sensitive, and balanced recommendations
•Revise at least one of the recommendations within the course
Date: Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 Time: 1:40pm-2:55pm Location: KLIB 219 Group ID: Quality Matters