Do you want students to get more out of your lectures? Would you like to make your lectures more exciting? This session will help you understand the role of lecture in the classroom and to prepare, plan and deliver lectures that are more effective. Bring a set of current lecture notes and a copy of your syllabus. Participants will leave this session with strategies for both you and your students. (m6)
By the end of this session participants will:
• Discuss the organization of lectures
• Identify strategies for improving and preparing your lecture notes
• Identify approaches to maintain and improve your students’ attention during lecture
• Develop a list of strategies for your class to help students listen, process, and take notes during your lecture
• Develop a plan to make your lectures more effective using the strategies and approaches discussed in this session.
Date: Thursday, September 12th, 2013 Time: 1:40pm-2:55pm Location: KLIB 219 Group ID: Faculty: Teaching Effectiveness