Women in Philanthropy award five CCU scholarships
Established in 2003, Women in Philanthropy is a group of women from the community and the university whose gifts are used to promote higher education through the awarding of scholarships to qualified Coastal students.
Recipients of the 2005-2006 scholarship awards are Bianca Cabit, Myranda Goff, Huyen Nguyen, Janet Shokal and Michelle Seminara.
* Cabit, from Galivants Ferry, is a rising junior in psychology with a 4.0 GPA; her goal is to become a forensic psychologist.
* Goff, from Conway, is a rising senior in history with a 3.98 GPA.
* Nguyen, of Little River, is a rising sophomore studying mathematics with a 4.0 GPA.
* Shokal, from New Hampton, N.H., will be a junior in English with a 3.94 GPA
* Seminara is a junior in psychology with a 3.96 GPA who lives in Conway.
Mica Pruitt, a senior who was the first student to be awarded a WIP scholarship, is graduating this year as the outstanding student in the Department of History.