CCU theater students advance to regional auditions
More Coastal students advanced than from any other college or university in the state, including the University of South Carolina (had two students accepted) and College of Charleston (four).
A total of 13 Coastal students attended the South Carolina Theater Conference (SCTC) auditions in Columbia on Nov. 11 to compete with more than 100 students from around the state for 30 top audition slots.
The SCTC auditions are the most competitive theater auditions in South Carolina. Colleges and universities that participated included the University of South Carolina, Clemson, Francis Marion, College of Charleston and Newberry, among others. There were 30 slots available for advancement to the SETC auditions in Atlanta, where students are allowed to audition for almost 100 professional theater companies.
The auditions, held at USC in Columbia, were judged by a panel of three thespians from the professional regional theater community who had no connection to any of the universities represented.
The Coastal students who advanced are:
* Abigail Brown, a senior dramatic arts major of Myrtle Beach
* Dominic Sellers, a sophomore dramatic arts major of Wickliffe, Ohio
* Jonah Bowles, a senior musical theater major of Midlothian, Va.
* Paige Kasten, a freshman musical theater major of Canfield, Ohio
* Joe Rosko, a freshman musical theater major of Youngstown, Ohio
* Jessica Leach, a junior musical theater major of Greenwood
* Christen Eason, a senior musical theater major of Pageland
* Trey Gerrald, a junior musical theater major of Columbia
* Bryan Robinson, a junior musical theater major of Simpsonville
* Brandy Ward, a senior musical theater major of Myrtle Beach