CCU offers Lifelong Learning in North Myrtle Beach
The following courses will begin in April:
* Book Club with Caroline Ewing - Mondays, April 2 to May 7, 10 a.m. to noon, free. This club will meet once a week to discuss current and classic books selected by the group leader.
* Writing Memories with Caroline Ewing - Mondays, April 2 to May 7, 1 to 3 p.m., $40. The writing class will allow members to create personal stories, chronicles and writing collections through a six-weeks course.
* Backyard Habitat for Birds and Native Plants with Nancy Edelman - Monday, April 2, 1 to 3 p.m., free. Edelman will provide creative and environmentally friendly tips on creating a backyard gardening sanctuary.
* Judeo-Christian History Series with Norm Whiteley - Mondays, April 9 to 30, 1 to 3 p.m., $40. In this four-week course, students will explore the following topics: "Origins of the Bible," "Understanding the Dead Sea Scrolls," "The Historical Jesus" and "The Birth of Christianity."
* Art History: The Pre-Raphaelite Movement with Millie Doud - Tuesdays, April 3 to 24, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., $40. Doud will explore a fascinating period of art history in this four-week course.
* Batik I: Introduction to Painting on Silk with Alice Estes - Tuesdays, April 3 to May 8, 1:30 to 4 p.m., $85 plus additional materials. The basic skills of fabric painting and other art techniques will be presented through this six-week course.
* How to Take Better Pictures with Vic Pizzolato - Wednesdays, April 4 to May 9, 10 a.m. to noon, $75. Pizzolato will teach basic and detailed photographic techniques in this six-week course.
* Historic Islam with Sam Syme - Wednesdays, April 11 to May 2, 10 to 11:30 a.m., $40. This four week course will examine Islamic precepts and beliefs.
For more information, call 349-4001 (or 4003) or visit online at www.coastal.edu/outreach.