Coastal board presents resolutions, approves faculty promotion and tenure
President Ronald R. Ingle, who is retiring on June 30, 2007, was named Coastal's first President Emeritus. The board also presented a resolution to Ingle recognizing his achievements during his 14-year presidency.
Resolutions were also presented to head football coach David Bennett, to the 2006 football team and to the football coaching and program staff for their contributions to the university and the community. Graduating football players Tyler Thigpen, Bradley Poston, Jerome Simpson and Quinton Teal also received resolutions citing their achievements as student-athletes.
The board approved the following promotions:
• Robert Burney has been promoted to professor of finance.
• Eric Koepfler has been promoted to professor of marine science.
• John Marcis has been promoted to professor of economics.
• Thomas Secrest has been promoted to professor of business.
• Keith Walters has been promoted to professor of marine science.
• Donald Rockey has been promoted to associate professor of recreation sport management with tenure.
• Philip Whalen has been promoted to associate professor of history with tenure.
• Susan Slavik has been promoted to associate professor of visual arts.
The board approved tenure for Henry Lowenstein, who will become dean of Coastal's Wall College of Business on July 1, and for Steven Madden, who was recently hired to chair Coastal's communication program in humanities.