Coastal's Lifelong Learning offers Smart Aging course
Several accomplished health care professionals provide valuable information on a number of issues facing all residents.
* Oct. 24 - Cathy Fountain on "Aging in Place" - With 30 years nursing experience, Fountain works with the Pilot Club Foundation that serves seniors.
* Oct. 31 - Rick Wasserman on "Power Agers"
* Nov. 7 - Wayne Mumford and Greg McAvoy on "Estate Planning Documents You Can't Live Without" - They are with the law firm of McCutchen, Mumford, Vaught, O'Dea & Geddie, P.A.
* Nov. 14 - Jonathan Kresken on "The Benefits of Giving" - Kresken is president/executive director of the Waccamaw Community Foundation.
* Nov. 28 - Rick Wasserman on Integrative Medicine
The series was created by Wasserman, CSA, the South Carolina co-chair and spokesperson for the National Patient Advocate Foundation. A member of the Society of Certified Senior Advisors, he is on the board of directors of the Coastal Center for Mind-Body Therapies and a patient liaison and Certified Reiki Practitioner for Conway Health Care.
For more information, call 349-4001 or 349-4003.