CCU's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute offers special courses, workshop
• Yoga is for Everyone with Donna Carr -- Wednesdays, April 2 to May 7, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Held at the Foundation Center in Conway, this 6-week series is great for the beginner and for those continuing their practice. Each class begins with some breath work, then moves through a series of postures (asana) and finishes with a relaxation time. A yoga mat is required for class. Please wear comfortable clothing that will move with you. Limited food intake one to two hours before class. The fee is $40.
• Starshine Performance Training with JoEllen Langley - Wednesdays, April 2 to June 4, from 3:30 • Photoshop Safari with Bill Jordan - Friday, April 4 to Sunday, April 6, sunrise to sunset. The three-day event will provide participants with 30 hours of both in-field shooting and in-class digital editing with Adobe Photoshop CS3. The workshop will be at the Waccamaw Center. The fee is $300.
• Gullah Doll Making Workshop with Zenobia Washington - Saturday, April 5, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Participants will explore Gullah culture through the art of making dolls. The session will be at the Waccamaw Center. The fee is $75; all materials and lunch included.
• The Golden Age of Radio with Mike Diem - Tuesdays, April 8 to May 13, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Veteran broadcaster Diem will take students through the history of radio, its influences and its different styles, including comedy, drama, sports and news. The sessions will be at the Georgetown Higher Education Center located in the Georgetown Shopping Plaza at 1273 North Fraser Street across from Wal-Mart in Georgetown. The fee is $45.
• Line Dancercize with Carolyn Robinson -- Wednesdays, April 9 to May 14, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Held at the Foundation Center in Conway, this six-week series is choreographed to "hot" music, including Latin, Top 40, Oldies, Motown, Hip Hop and everything in between. This line dancing is fun, funky and low (or high) aerobic, a great addition to your spring exercise program. The fee is $50.
• Inspirational Writing on Waties Island with Jackie Boyce - Saturday, April 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The excursion is presented by the Conway Higher Education Center, located on U.S. 501 at Winyah Road in Conway, across from Fowler Motors. Participants will explore the island and its impact on individual psyche and creativity. Observations, sensations and emotions will be discussed after the exploration through poetic, story or essay forms of expression. The fee is $45.
• Using Historic Newspapers for Research with Gail Reynolds - Tuesdays, April 1 though April 8 from 9 a.m. to noon, at the Waccamaw Center. The cause will also be held on Mondays from April 7 through April 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Grand Strand campus of Horry-Georgetown Technical College (on the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base), in building 200, located on 743 Hemlock Ave. The event is $35.
• Googling Your Family History with Gail Reynolds - Tuesdays, April 15 through April 22 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Waccamaw Center; Mondays, April 21 through April 28 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Grand Strand campus of Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Reynolds will offer both sessions, designed to guide participants in exploring genealogical research. The fee is $35. For more information or a complete course listing, visit the OLLI Web site at www.coastal.edu/olli, or call 349-4001 or 349-4030.