Tropical Storm Hanna update
Coastal Carolina University officials continue to monitor Tropical Storm Hanna. Although the storm has not reached hurricane strength, a hurricane warning was put into effect for the coastal areas of South Carolina and North Carolina this morning. The 11 a.m. report from the National Hurricane Center indicates that the storm is expected to continue on a northeastern track and possibly make landfall near the South Carolina-North Carolina border.
Gov. Mark Sanford has issued a voluntary evacuation for the beachfront area east of U.S. Highway 17.
Updates will be posted on the University Web site. For the latest information about the projected path of the storm, visit the Web sites of the National Hurricane Center at www.nhc.noaa.gov or the Weather Channel at www.weather.com. For local weather updates, visit www.wpde.com, www.scnow.com or www.wmbfnews.com. For additional information on the storm, hurricane preparedness and voluntary evacuation shelters, go to Horry County's website at www.horrycounty.org. or www.horrycounty.redcross.org.
As a safeguard, all Coastal Carolina University classes and events at all University locations will be cancelled beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4 through Saturday, Sept. 6.
Although no classes will be held, the University will be open on Friday. Residence halls and campus food services will be fully staffed throughout the weekend. Students who live off campus should pay attention to weather updates and use caution.
Employees are advised to consult with their supervisors regarding leave should they have concerns, as a liberal leave policy will be in effect.
The Chanticleer football game against Colgate University has been rescheduled to Sunday at 1 p.m. at Brooks Stadium. Tailgating may not begin before 9 a.m.
• The Commons will be open Thursday until 8:30 p.m. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Commons will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• CINO Grille will be open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
• University Place Deli will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 8 p.m.
• Kimbel Library will follow its regular schedule on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• The P.E. Center will be open Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 2 to 11 p.m.
• Campus Shuttles: The Bronze Shuttle will operate on Thursday until 8:30 p.m. and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The Gateway Shuttle (to Conway) will not operate on Saturday.
• The Women's Soccer Tournament has been cancelled.
• The CINO Reunion planned for Saturday has been postponed until further notice.