Student leader awards presented
The following individuals/ organizations received awards:
* Student Leader of the Year -- Marianne Long, a rising senior marine science major from Rockland, Mass.
* Rising Student Leader Award -- Christina Nixon, a rising sophomore biology major from Charlotte, N.C.
* Unsung Hero Award to Faculty/Staff -- Agatha O'Brien Gayes, director of first-year academic advising and assistant? director of First-Year Experience
* Unsung Hero Award to Student -- William A. Cannon, a rising sophomore math major from Walterboro
* Chad Michael Beatty Senator of the Year Award -- Gregory Dukes, a rising junior history and English double major from South Amboy, N.J.
* Mentor of the Year Award -- Kourtni Harrelson, a rising junior elementary education major from Conway
* Most Consistent Mentor Award -- Yvette Velazquez, a rising junior sociology major from Goose Creek
* New Mentor Scholar Award -- Hunter Frye, a rising junior physical education major from Aynor
* Outstanding Sports Club of the Year -- Coastal Carolina University Baseball Club
* Pat Singleton-Young Student Advocate of the Year -- Lynn Willett, coordinator of special projects in the University Academic Center
* Community Service Award to Organization -- Refuge, a religious student organization
* Community Service Award to Individual -- Erin Gaesser, a rising senior early childhood education major, from Rochester, N.Y.
* Diversity Program of the Year Award -- Coastal Production Board for the program "Does HIV Look Like ME?"
* Outstanding Community Involvement Award -- Damien Hollar, a rising junior elementary education major from Cambridge Springs, Pa.
* Omicron Delta Kappa Circle Leader of the Year -- Tobias Banks, a rising senior biology major from Galivants Ferry
* Omicron Delta Kappa Undergraduate Leader -- Sarah Heishman, a senior marine science major from Brogue, Pa.
* Organization President of the Year -- Melinda Howard, a rising senior business management major from Conway
* Bell Tower Award for Outstanding Program -- Student Government Association (SGA), "Schools for Schools"
* Stipend Leader Organization of the Year Award -- Students Taking Active Responsibility (STAR)
* Outstanding Organization of the Year Award -- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
* Chanticleer Hatchling Award -- Students Helping Others Reach Excellence (SHORE)
* Student Adviser of the Year -- Deana Lewis, adviser for STAR