CCU announces 2012 Homecoming schedule
The full schedule is as follows. All events, unless otherwise specified, are free and open to the public:
Sunday, Oct. 21
* Frisbee Golf Tournament, noon at the disc golf field, located near the U.S. 501 entrance to the CCU campus. Free to participate. Campus Recreation will supply the equipment.
* Miss Coastal Carolina University Pageant, 7 p.m. at Wheelwright Auditorium. This year, 14 students are up for the title of Miss Coastal Carolina. Free tickets available at Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office for a limited time.
Monday, Oct. 22
* Chantfest 2012, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Prince Lawn. A carnival-themed, mini-CINO day with free food, games and music.
* Paint the Town Teal, 5 p.m. in downtown Conway. Thirteen businesses in Conway receive Chanticleer makeovers to their storefronts by various CCU clubs and organizations.
* Bonfire/ Battle of the Bands, 8 p.m. at Woods Pavilion. Local CCU student bands battle it out for cash prizes and a chance to open for the artists performing at the Homecoming concert. The Homecoming court will be announced during intermission.
* Hoopla 2012, 10:30 p.m. at the HTC Center. Students are invited to meet and greet the 2012 CCU men's and women's basketball teams, and athletes will serve free pizza and drinks. In addition to a dunk contest, students will have a chance to win Beats by Dre headphones during a dance competition, plus $5,000 and $2,000 in a half-court shot competition.
Tuesday, Oct. 23 (Teal Tuesday)
* "Under My Umbrella" Breast Cancer Awareness Day, all-day, campuswide. Students will walk around with pink umbrellas, which will have information about breast cancer attached, to promote breast cancer awareness.
* Coastal Can-Struct, 6 p.m. on Prince Lawn. Using canned goods, students will erect structures and replicas of buildings. All canned items will be donated to the CCU food bank.
* Teal Glow and Chill, 8 to 11 p.m. on Prince Lawn. A block party-style event featuring a DJ, drinks and glow sticks aplenty.
Wednesday, Oct. 24, Campus Sustainability Day
* Recycled Boat Race/Sustainability Fair, noon to 4 p.m. at the Campus Recreation Center. Students will build rideable boats made from recycled materials and race them across the pool located in the Campus Recreation Center in Williams-Brice. Participants will be judged in three categories: most spirited, best time and the "Titanic" award for most spectacular sinking.
* Student Talent/National Pan-Hellenic Council Step Show, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Free tickets available at Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office for a limited time.
Thursday, Oct. 25
* Teal Takeover, noon to 2 p.m. on the CINO Deck. A showcase of school spirit. Students will be able to enjoy teal drinks and teal snacks. There will also be a banner for students to sign that will be placed in front of the student section during the homecoming game.
* Student Talent/National Pan-Hellenic Council Step Show, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Final performances and judging will take place. Free tickets available at Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office for a limited time.
Friday, Oct. 26
* Annual Golf Tournament, noon to 5 p.m. at Hackler Golf Course. Open to the public. The entry fee for the tournament is $100. Students are encouraged to sign up. To register, visit www.coastal.edu/alumni.
* Paint the Town Teal Judging, 5 p.m. in downtown Conway. The winners of the storefront redecorations will be announced during halftime of the Homecoming football game.
* Homecoming Concert featuring hip-hop recording artists Travis Porter, opener Fools for Rowan and the battle of the Bands winner, 7:30 p.m. on Prince Lawn. Free to attend.
Saturday, Oct. 27 Homecoming Day
* Homecoming 5K, 7:30 a.m. at Williams-Brice Recreation Center; registration begins at 6:30 a.m. The route is an out-and-back loop through the Hackler golf course and ends on Independence Drive.
* Golf Cart Parade, noon, beginning at Brooks Stadium. Golf carts will be provided. Participants must bring their own supplies. Judging criteria includes use of theme, originality, workmanship and overall effort.
* Most spirited tailgate competition, noon to 2 p.m. at Chantourage Alley, located along University Boulevard between Chanticleer Drive West and the entrance to Brooks Stadium. Tailgaters will be judged on how well they incorporate the Homecoming theme. Competitors must register for this event at https://coastal.collegiatelink.net/form/start/11439.
* Homecoming game: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Liberty Flames, 3:30 p.m. at Brooks Stadium; a ticket is required. The Homecoming king and queen will be announced at halftime. The overall Homecoming competition winners will be announced after the third quarter.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Activities and Leadership at 843-349-2301, or visit the homecoming website at www.coastal.edu/homecoming.