CCU celebrates Wellness Week
The coalition consists of students, staff, faculty and community partners who have joined forces to promote healthy eating and a positive outlook on their body image. The coalition also works toward the prevention of negative influences that eating disorders and unhealthy dieting have on the lives of CCU students.
Other projects include the distribution of healthy, student-friendly recipes, ensuring nutritional alternatives at university events, and encouraging the display of nutritional information in food services.
The Wellness Week schedule is as follows:
Monday, Feb. 18
• "Mirror-less Monday," Can you go an entire day without looking in a mirror? This is an all day, campuswide event.
• "The Weight of the Nation" documentary, parts one and two, will be screened in Wall College, room 309 at 6 p.m.
• Yoga is the featured group exercise class of the day at 7:30 p.m. in the HTC Center.
Tuesday, Feb. 19
• Parts three and four of "The Weight of the Nation" documentary will be shown in Wall College, room 318 at 6 p.m.
• Total Body Burn is the group exercise class of the day, beginning at 7:45 p.m. in the HTC Center
Wednesday, Feb. 20
• The Wellness Fair takes place on Prince Lawn, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free food, t-shirts and games will be offered. There will also be health screenings and a chance to win a Kindle Fire.
• Hicks Commons Dining Hall will serve healthy alternatives during its lunch hours.
• A Relay for Life fundraiser, Spinning with DJ Keith Nasty, takes place from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the HTC Center. Registration is now open at the HTC Student Welcome Desk.
• Hip-Hop Dance is the featured group exercise class of the day at 8:45 a.m. in the HTC Center.
Thursday, Feb. 21
• The Healthy Nutrition Info kiosk will be on the CINO Deck from 1 to 3 p.m.
• The documentary film "Let's Talk About Sex" will be shown in Wall College's Johnson Auditorium beginning at 5 p.m.
• Zumba! is the featured group exercise class of the day at 6:30 and 8:45 p.m. in the HTC Center.
Friday, Feb. 22
• TRX Circuits is the featured group exercise class of the day beginning noon in the HTC Center.
For more information on Wellness Week, contact Chris Donevant-Haines at 843-349-2305.