Acclaimed dance theatre to appear at CCU's Wheelwright
Dance Theatre of Harlem is a dance institution with global recognition. The company is comprised of a performing ensemble, a leading arts education center and its Dancing Through Barriers initiative, a national and international education and community outreach program. Each component of Dance Theatre of Harlem is committed to enriching the lives of young people and adults around the world through the arts.
Founded in 1969 by Arthur Mitchell and Karel Shook, the Dance Theater of Harlem was conceived as school that would offer children (especially those in Harlem where Mitchell was from) the opportunity to learn about dance and the allied arts. More than 40 years later, the organization has grown into a multicultural dance institution with a legacy of providing opportunities for creative expression and artistic excellence that continues to set standards in the performing arts.
Tickets prices are:
• $20 first floor rows A-M
• $15 first floor rows N-S and balcony
• CCU and HGTC students (one per valid ID), $5
• CCU and HGTC faculty/staff (two per valid ID), $10
• Alumni/Senior Citizens (ages 65 and over), $5 discount
• Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members, $5 discount
• Teens (ages 11 to 17), $5
• Children (ages 10 and under), $5 (must be accompanied by an adult)
For more information, contact the Wheelwright Box Office at 843-349-ARTS (2787).