Scholars Symposium is Thursday
This year's schedule is as follows:
• 1 p.m., Ken Rogers, "Teaching Environmental Politics in the Galapagos Islands"
• 1:30 p.m., John Marcis, "Learning Styles, Market Fairness and Tourism: A Three-Pronged Research Agenda"
• 2 p.m., Tom Secrest, "Underwater Mortgages: Why Homeowners May Continue to Pay Down the Debt"
• 2:30 p.m., Steve Bush, "Pollination of Caribbean Island Plants"
• 3 p.m., Maria Luisa Torres, "Findings in the Ecuadorian Culture"
• 3:30 p.m., Sherer Royce, "When Transparency Looks Like Mud: Identifying Risk Factors Impacting Chronic Disease Rates in Horry County"
• 4 p.m., Steve Hamelman, "The Eco-Periodization of American Literature"
• 4:30 p.m., Becky Childs, "Reimagining Language Research"
• 5 p.m., Jason Ockert, "Fiction Reading from 'Neighbors of Nothing' "
The Scholars' Symposium, organized by the Faculty Welfare and Development Committee, aims to enrich the intellectual life of the university, foster the interdisciplinary exchange of new ideas, and showcase the diverse research accomplishments of Coastal Carolina University's faculty.
Refreshments will be provided by the Office of the Provost.