CCU’s Homecoming Week 2013 schedule set
Sunday, Oct. 27
* Miss Coastal Carolina University pageant, 7 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. This is the third annual Miss Coastal Carolina University pageant. Free tickets are available at the Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office beginning Oct. 21 at 9 a.m.
Monday, Oct. 28
* ChantFest, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Prince Lawn. ChantFest is one of the biggest events of the year. The Coastal Activities Board hosts a day that includes inflatables, free food, activities and games.
* Paint the Town Teal, 5 p.m. in downtown Conway. Teams partner with local businesses to give storefronts a teal makeover.
* Bonfire and Battle of the Bands, 8 to 10 p.m. at the Woods Pavilion Residence Hall. Four bands will battle for the chance to open for Gloriana at the Homecoming Concert. The 2013 Homecoming Court will also be announced.
* Hoopla 2013, 10:30 p.m. in the HTC Center. Come out to meet and greet Chanticleer athletes while enjoying free games and chances to earn prizes.
Teal Tuesday, Oct. 29
* Coastal Can-Struct, 6 p.m. on Prince Lawn. Using canned goods, students will erect structures and replicas of buildings while sticking to the Homecoming theme. All canned items will be donated to the CCU food bank.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
* Recycled Boat Race, 3:30 p.m. at the Williams-Brice Campus Recreation Center. Students will build ride-worthy boats made from recycled materials and race them across the pool. Participants will be judged in three categories: most spirited, best time and the "Titanic" award for most spectacular sinking.
* Talent Show, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Part one of a two-night extravaganza of singing, dancing, poetry, and stepping. Free tickets are available at Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office for a limited time.
Thursday, Oct. 31
• Tea & Ethics: Sex and College Life, 4 p.m., Wheelwright Auditorium "Hooking Up, STDs and Consent"
The majority of sexual violence on college campuses goes unreported. During this session, we will discuss the reasons why college life is so often linked to sexual misconduct. What options do we have as individuals, and as an institution, to make college life safer and more conducive to healthy sexual choices? Free, but ticketed.
* Talent Show, 7:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Final performances and judging will take place. Free tickets are available at Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office beginning Oct. 21 at 9 a.m.
Friday, Nov. 1
* Annual Golf Tournament, noon to 5 p.m. at Hackler Golf Course. A shotgun start is scheduled for 1 p.m. The entry fee for the tournament is $100, and it’s open to the public. Students are encouraged to sign up. To register, visit coastal.edu/alumni.
* Homecoming Concert featuring country group Gloriana, 7:30 p.m. in the HTC Center. Ticket prices are: CCU students, $10 advance, $15 at the door, both with a student ID; CCU faculty/staff, $15 advance, $20 at the door and CCU alumni, $12 and $20 at the door. To purchase tickets, contact the Wheelwright Auditorium Box Office at 843-349-2787, or visit http://www.ticketreturn.com.
Saturday, Nov. 2, Homecoming Day
* Golf Cart Parade, noon, beginning at Brooks Stadium. Golf carts will be provided. Participants must bring their own supplies. Judging criteria includes use of theme, originality, workmanship and overall effort.
* Most spirited tailgate competition, noon to 2 p.m. at Chantourage Alley, located along University Boulevard between Chanticleer Drive West and the entrance to Brooks Stadium. Tailgaters will be judged on how well they incorporate the Homecoming theme.
* Homecoming game: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UNC Charlotte 49ers, 3 p.m. at Brooks Stadium. The Homecoming king and queen will be announced at halftime. The overall Homecoming competition winners will be announced after the third quarter. A ticket is required.
Sunday, Nov. 3
* Gospel Choir Reunion Concert, featuring the Coastal Inspirational Ambassadors, 4:30 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. Continuing the celebration of the Gospel Choir’s 25th anniversary, former choir members will come together for a “family” reunion during an evening of gospel music. Free tickets are available at the Wheelwright Box Office while they last.
For more Homecoming 2013 information, contact the Office of Student Activities and Leadership at 843-349-2301, or visit the homecoming website at coastal.edu/homecoming.