Top alumni honored at Coastal Carolina University
Ray Reece, class of 1959, was named the Distinguished Alumnus. This award is given to a graduate of Coastal who has made a significant contribution to his/her profession or community over a period of time. Reece, of Conway, is the general manager of Pepsi Cola Bottling Beach, Inc., and vice president of the South Carolina Bottlers Association. He has been involved in several community organizations, including Junior Achievement, and is active in his church, Maple Baptist Church. He was on the Board of Directors of the S.C. Baptist Ministries on Aging.
Outstanding alumni recipients were:
- Jay Huggins, of Myrtle Beach, class of 1988, College of Business Administration, executive vice president of Crescent Bank in Myrtle Beach.
- Sandy Sarvis Brossard, of Columbia, class of 1979, College of Education, a national educational consultant and speaker and president of her own company, Educational Services and Polities, Inc. in Columbia.
- Janice Cannan, of Conway, class of 1996, College of Humanities and Fine Arts, a managing partner in the Conway law firm of Weldon & Cannan, LLC.
- Tony D. Prince, of Myrtle Beach, class of 1993, College of Natural and Applied Science, founder of LURHQ Corp. in 1996.
- Kenneth Charles Canterbury, of Myrtle Beach, class of 1999, Interdisciplinary Studies, major of operations in the Horry County Police Department.