Foreign language courses available for Fall 2000
Part I course participants need no prior knowledge of the language. Part II courses require a basic conversational vocabulary and simple sentence structure capabilities. Advanced courses focus on reading, writing and speaking skills. Textbooks for the courses are priced under $30.
Some of the foreign language courses offered include:
- Italian - La Lingua Italiana: Mondays, Sept. 11 to Oct. 30, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 102
- Conversational French I: Mondays and Wednesdays, Sept. 11 to Oct. 4, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 107
- Conversational French III: Tuesdays, Sept. 26 to Nov. 7, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 102
- Conversational Spanish I: Mondays and Wednesdays, Sept. 11 to Oct. 4, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 117
- Conversational Spanish III: Tuesdays, Sept. 12 to Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 117
- Basic Conversational German: Thursdays, Sept. 14 to Nov. 2, 6 to 8 p.m., Prince 107.
Foreign language courses are also being offered for middle school age children through the Coastal Youth Academy. Courses in Spanish and French are available Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., beginning Sept. 11. Fee for each course is $55.
For more information, call 349-2665 or visit the Web site at www.coastal.edu/learn.