Commencement Severe Weather Plan Has Been Activated
Commencement Severe Weather Plan
Coastal Carolina University's severe weather plan is defined as potentially dangerous weather, torrential downpour, high winds, lightning and any other unsafe conditions for our guests to sit outside. If it is just raining, commencement will remain outdoors at Brooks Stadium. Umbrellas are prohibited inside Brooks Stadium because they obstruct sight lines and also due to the drip off on other guests seated adjacent.
Please advise your family and friends to be prepared for all types of weather during the weekend.
Coastal Carolina University has enacted the severe weather plan and move the ceremony inside the HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center, details have been announced via:
- online at coastal.edu/commencement/commencementday/severeweatherplan/
- online at coastal.edu
- Twitter at twitter.com/CCUChanticleers
- Facebook at facebook.com/CoastalCarolinaUniversity
- recorded phone message on CCU Hotline at 843-349-2079
Severe Weather Plan Tickets:
The same general admission ticket for Brooks Stadium will serve as the severe weather plan ticket for the HTC Center. The severe weather plan ticket can only be used during the college ceremony specified on the ticket. Each graduate is eligible to receive (8) eight general admission tickets. The University has provided the following alternate viewing options for guests without tickets:
- Online webcast at coastal.edu/commencement/spring_stream.html
- Live feed of the ceremony will be available for viewing in Wheelwright Auditorium for guests who do not have tickets to the ceremony. Wheelwright Auditorium is located on the campus of Coastal Carolina University at 108 Spadoni Park Circle right next to the bell tower.
- A DVD is available for purchase coastal.edu/commencement/orders/
Commencement Severe Weather Plan Schedule
There will be four separate ceremonies in the HTC Center. The degree groups will be honored at the following dates and times:
Friday, May 8 Ceremonies:
2 p.m. Ceremony (doors open and student line-up at 1 p.m.) E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration (Graduate and Undergraduate)
6 p.m. Ceremony: (doors open and student line-up at 5 p.m.) College of Science (Graduate and Undergraduate)
Saturday, May 9 Ceremonies:
8:30 a.m. Ceremony: (doors open and student line-up at 7:30 a.m.) Thomas W. and Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts and University College (Graduate and Undergraduate)
12:30 p.m. Ceremony: (doors open and student line-up at 11:30 a.m.) Spadoni College of Education (Graduate and Undergraduate).
Because of multiple ceremonies, we encourage families not to arrive before specified student arrival time for their ceremony. Degree candidates will be directed to student line-up arranged by college. Guests will be seated on a first-come first-served basis