COAST Outreach Services
Counseling services staff members and peer educators partner with other University departments to create a healthy living environment on campus and teach students to practice healthy habits. COAST stands for Counseling Outreach Advocacy Student Team.
The COAST provides:
- Informational handouts and brochures for students on a wide variety of mental health and other wellness-related topics;
- Internship opportunities for students who are interested in the helping professions (psychology, health sciences, sociology, women's and gender studies, and communication), and public speaking and event planning;
- Opportunities to get involved with the SHORE Peer Educators and Active Minds;
- Opportunities to get involved with the Women's Resource Cooperative (WRC);
- Opportunities for collaboration with student clubs and organizations, campus departments and faculty/staff; and
- Free condoms for students.
Visit the Teresa Reed-Barnette '97 Counseling Outreach Office in the Lib Jackson Student Union A108 or contact Chris Donevant-Haines, assistant director for counseling services, at 843-349-5022 or email@example.com to learn more or get involved.