Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we are asked. We hope the answer you are looking for can be found in the information below, but please feel free to contact our office and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you have a general CCU question, please contact CHANT411.
CHANT 411: For information including:
- Housing Requirements
- Meal Plans
- Adding/Dropping Classes
- Transcript Requests
- Adviser Information
- Parking Decals
- Academic Calendar
Student Conduct FAQ's for Students:For information including:
- Why do I have meeting with a Conduct Officer?
- It happened off campus, why is Coastal involved?
- Can I have an attorney present?
- Are you going to call my parents?
- Can I bring a witness?
- What should I bring with me to my hearing?
Student Conduct FAQ's for Families/Parents: For information including:
- Why does my student have a meeting with a Conduct Officer?
- Can I be present at the meeting?
- I pay for my student's education, why can't I find out about his/her disciplinary matter?
- I received a letter about my student violating the Alcohol and Drug Policy, what did he/she do?
- What are the charges on my student's account?
Student Conduct FAQ's for Advisers/Attorneys: For information including:
- I am a student's adviser, how do I work with the University conduct system?
- My student/client was not on campus when this happened, why is the University involved?
- My student/client is being charged with a crime for the same offense, can this hearing be delayed until after the criminal trial?
- Isn't this double jeopardy for someone also facing criminal charges?
- What happens if my student/client refuses to participate in this process?
- What is the standard of proof in this process?
- Who serves on the Student Conduct Board?
- Can my student/client appeal the decisions?
Student Advocacy and Intervention FAQ's: For information including:
- How is working with the Student Advocacy and Intervention Manager different from working with the Counseling Services Center?
- If the Student Advocacy and Intervention Manager contacts me, does it mean I am in trouble?
- Do I need to make an appointment?
- Can I make an anonymous report?