Center for Excellence and Academic Advising, Prince 213F
The Center for Excellence and Academic Advising is dedicated to providing exceptional academic enhancement services and guidance through a partnership with students, faculty, staff, and the Coastal Carolina University community. We will empower students to be self-reliant and academically responsible. We will assist students in the successful completion of their undergraduate degree.
Praxis I Information:
All Education pre-majors are required to pass or exempt Praxis I prior to entering the Professional Teacher Educator Program (i.e. see exemptions cut off scores below). Student are required to take the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators test. Students may take all three parts of the test (Reading, Writing, and Math) in one test seating or take each part individually.
Praxis I exemptions:
- You may exempt Praxis I, if you:
- Scored 1650 or higher on new SAT
- Scored 1150 or higher on old SAT (i.e. SAT taken on or before 2005).
- Scored 24 or higher on ACT Composite
PPST Praxis I:
South Carolina has phased out the PPST Praxis I test and adopted the Core Academic Skills Praxis I test. Please keep the below impacts of this change in mind:
- All parts of the PPST Praxis I must have been passed on or before August 31, 2014.
- If all parts were not passed by this time, you are required to take all parts of the Core Academic Skills Praxis I.
- If you passed all parts of the PPST Praxis I prior to August 31, 2014, your scores are valid.
- Scores from the Core Academic Skills and PPST tests can’t be combined. You are required to have passed all parts of the PPST or pass all part of the Core Academic Skills Praxis I.
- Cut off score requirements for the PPST Praxis I test:
- Reading - 175
- Writing - 173
- Math - 172
Praxis I Registration:
- You may register for Praxis I by going to www.ets.org.
- The Core Academic Skills Praxis I test is computer-delivered and must be taken at a certified testing center.
- To ensure accurate registration, see the below codes for the Core Academic Skills Praxis I test:
- Praxis I Combined Test code is 5751.
- Praxis I Core individual exams codes include:
- 5712 (Reading), 5722 (Writing) and , 5732 (Math).
- Cut off score requirements for the Core Academic Skills Praxis I:
- Reading -156
- Writing -162
- Math - 150
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse Four Year Plans by Major
Masters of Arts (MAT) Academic Program