Applicants to the Ed.S. program must have a minimum of three years of teaching experience and licensure as a school principal to enroll in the program. To be admitted, the student must satisfy the following requirements:
- A completed application for graduate study at the university.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework from each school previously attended.
- An earned Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or related field with an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience.
- A statement of interest in the program. This statement addresses the candidate’s reasons for pursuing a career in educational leadership. This statement explains why the Coastal Carolina University Specialist in Educational Leadership program is the right fit to help reach the candidate’s goals.
- Three letters of reference. The letters specifically address the candidate’s ability to balance the demands of high level graduate coursework and their personal and professional lives.
- Applicants who are not native English speakers must demonstrate proficiency in English. This may be demonstrated by a minimum of 550 TOEFL (paper-version) 220 on TOEFL (computer-version) or 80 on TOEFL IB (Internet-version) exams.
- A successful interview with the Portal I Faculty Committee.
- Approval of the Portal I Faculty Committee.