Admission requirements for the M.Ed. Learning and Teaching program:
- Completion of the application form and payment of the $45 application fee.
- Transcripts - You must submit an official transcript from every institution you have attended. Receipt of a baccalaureate or any higher degree must be clearly indicated on the transcript from the awarding institution. Official transcripts are those sent by the registrar of a college or a university directly to the Office of Graduate Studies. The Office of Graduate Studies does not order transcripts from any institution.
- Official Scores - For M.Ed. programs, an undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (overall) and for M.A.T. programs, an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (overall) and 2.75 (content area), OR, report of minimum scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (minimum score of 800 with no less than 400 in both the verbal and quantitative portions), OR, report of a minimum score of 388 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is required. Scores must be no more than five years old. You may contact the University’s Testing Center at 843-349-4004.
- Letters of Recommendation -
At least two Letters of Recommendation are required with your graduate application. Forms for these recommendations are provided in this application packet. References should mail completed forms directly to the Office of Graduate Studies, Coastal Carolina University, P.O. Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054. M.Ed. applicants should include one recommendation from their principal, an instructional supervisor or internship supervisor.
- Teaching Certificate -
A copy of your Teaching Certificate must be submitted with your application.
- Application Deadlines
The Office of Graduate Studies cannot guarantee that late applications will be considered for the intended semester. Applications must be postmarked by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester - July 1
- Spring Semester - November 1
- Summer I Session - May 1