Emergency Notification for Students
The Office of University Communication will develop and coordinate all information during an emergency to provide a clear and consistent message. CCU will notify students with the following methods of communications:
- CCU Alert - emergency text messages provide time sensitive notifications to subscribers' cell phones. For more information and to subscribe please click on the CCU Alert link on the left hand side of the page.
- Mass Emergency Emails - The University has the ability to send mass distribution emails to CCU Alert subscribers who provide an email address.
- University Website - The University homepage www.coastal.edu and/or www.coastal.edu/emergency will provide pertinent status updates and information related to ongoing emergencies or incidents.
- Social Media - Follow us on Twitter: @CCUchanticleers and on Facebook: /Coastal Carolina University
- Chant411 - A service that provides a central point of contact for information at 843-234-3411 or Chant411@coastal.edu
- Emergency Hotline 843-349-2079 - Recorded message that provides the most current information during an emergency
- Door to door notification for students living in campus residence halls
- University marquee on Highway 501, Conway, SC
- Local media