ATHENEUM HALL RENOVATION
Atheneum Hall was built in 1966 and was the original student center for the University. At the request of Coastal's Alumni and with approval of the Board of Trustees, the intent of this project is to renovate Atheneum Hall into an Alumni facility, which provides office space for Alumni Relations Staff, dining and meeting facilities for Alumni events, and two suites for visiting faculty, distinguished guest speakers and dignitaries of the University.
The renovation will consist of converting half of the office space in the facility into meeting space and dining space and the installation of a new kitchen and prep area. The project will also address the deferred maintenance needs in this 42 year old building to include roofing, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
Estimated Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
Status of Project
October 30, 2012
- A-1 approved by SC Budget and Control Board for Phase II Construction.October 24, 2012
- A-1 approved by JBRC for Phase II Contruction. June 21, 2012
- A-1 submitted to Commission on Higher Education for Phase II Construction.April 17, 2012
- Next programming meeting scheduled.February 28, 2012
- Committee meeting scheduled.August 11, 2011
- Meeting with the Boudreaux Group (Architect) and programming committee. May 18, 2011
- The Boudreaux Group selected following interviews held on May 17.April 18, 2011
- Selection Committee met to short list firms.January 31, 2011
- Project was advertised in SCBO for Phase I design services.August 12, 2008
- A-1 for design phase approved by Budget & Control Board.June 17, 2008
- A moratorium on construction projects set by Budget & Control Board.June 04, 2008
- A-1 in amount of $30,000 for design phase approved by Joint Bond Review Committee.May 13, 2008
- A-1 submitted to Commission on Higher Education in the amount of $30,000 for design phase. Commission on Higher Education staff approval.
Return to List