COMMUNITY EVENT SET-UP AND MOVING SERVICES
The Community Events and Moving staff manages all event set-ups and moves on campus.
When scheduling an event please be sure to indicate in the description area of the work request the event start time and the event end time. Please allow at least five (5) working days for your event to be scheduled.
The proper procedure to schedule a move is to submit a work request detailing what items you will be moving and where you will be moving from (old location to new location). Please follow the guidelines as listed here.
INFORMATION FOR PLANNING A MOVE
- You are responsible for locating boxes for the move. The bookstore often has a supply available. Other resources are Kimbel Library, area bookstores, and retail stores. Do not use food boxes - they may contain pests.
- Pack all loose articles in boxes. Tape and label them with name and new location (Bldg/Room #).
- Remove all files, etc. from filing cabinets and pack in boxes.
- Have all packing complete by date of move.
- Have someone at old location to provide any special instructions regarding items that you are requesting to move.
- Have someone at new location to direct placement of furniture when it arrives or submit a layout of furniture setup as an attachment to your work request.
- Make sure a clear path (free of people and things) is available for movers (for obvious safety reasons).
- It is highly recommended that you move breakable items and computer equipment yourself.
- Allow five (5) working days before move for scheduling purposes if permissible
Also, don’t forget to…
Enter ITS online request to have your computer and phone relocated.
Submit a work request for the key to your new location.
Contact Central Recieving Office
When moving furniture or equipment to the warehouse, contact must be made in
advance to check for space availability. Please email Suzanne Beverly at
To request an event set-up or a move, please fill out a work request on the Forms site and submit to Facilities Operations.
Tyrone Smith, superintendant
Community Events Division 843-349-2107
Mike Jordan, assistant supervisor
Community Events Division