This project involves the construction of a 40,000 sq. ft. second annex to Coastal's current Science Building which was constructed in 1980. The proposed annex will consist of an estimated forty faculty offices, eight teaching labs for (Introductory Biology and Introductory Marine Science), four sixty seat classrooms, two forty-five seat classrooms, and one Ecology teaching lab and six small labs for Ecology research.
This addition is consistent with Coastal's plans to renovate the current science building back to classroom space, and construct a new state-of-the-art science building in the future to integrate all science instruction, including marine science and computer science now in remote locations to the main campus.
Estimated Start Date
Estimated Completion Date
Status of Project
January 07, 2013
- LS3P continues to work on design drawings and revisions. Forwarded room numbering to architect.December 04, 2012
- Met with LS3P and OSE to review plans.November 09, 2012
- LS3P continues work on plans and specifications.October 26, 2012
- Additional funding approved and LS3P notified to continue with Phase I design work.July 09, 2012
- Site and LEED Checklist meeting scheduled.April 12, 2012
- Meeting with LS3P scheduled to discuss fee proposal for Phase I.March 29, 2012
- Preliminary meeting held with Architects to prepare proposal and schedule future programming meetings.November 09, 2011
- LS3P Associates selected for design services.September 08, 2011
- Received resumes from A/E design teams.August 22, 2011
- Advertisement for Phase I design in SCBO.August 09, 2011
- A-1 for Phase I design for construction approved by SC Budget and Control Board.August 02, 2011
- A-1 for Phase I design for construction approved by Joint Bond Review Committee. May 26, 2011
- A-1 approved by Commission on Higher Education for Phase I design for construction.May 12, 2011
- A-1 submitted to Commission on Higher Education in the amount of $210,000 for Phase I design for construction.
Return to List