facebook icon twitter youtube

Items that can be completed before orientation:


 Complete your FAFSA and include the institution's school code (003451):

  1. A completed FAFSA is required in order to award you any federal and most state aid. If you have not completed your FAFSA, please do this ASAP by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov.
  2. Check WebAdvisor weekly for status:
    Usually within one week after the FAFSA has been submitted to the Department of Education, the institution will receive the results electronically. When your file is complete, you will be awarded. If the institution needs additional information you will be notified via a paper letter to your home address with detailed instructions. Please visit WebAdvisor to view or print an award letter, check the status of your financial aid by term, or check for any documents that the institution may need to complete your file. You can access this information under the "Financial Aid" banner on WebAdvisor.
  3. Sign any necessary state certificates::
    A signed South Carolina State Certificate is required each year you are awarded:
    • South Carolina LIFE Scholarship
    • South Carolina HOPE Scholarship
    • South Carolina Palmetto Fellows Scholarship
    • South Carolina Need Based Grant

      Please visit our Forms Page to sign this required document electronically.

  1. E-Sign the Financial Aid Authorization Form via Webadvisor.
    This form gives the institution permission to use your excess pending financial aid for indirect costs, such as books. One example of the benefits of this form:   Loan funds do not arrive on campus until the second week of classes. If you are wanting to use excess financial aid to purchase books, but the loan funds have not yet arrived on campus to provide the excess funds, this signed form will allow you to use the excess pending funds to purchase books. Without this form on file, you will have to pay out-of-pocket or wait until the funds arrive on campus.  If your parents are planning on applying for a parent PLUS loan, the borrower will also need to sign the parent autorization form.  If the borrower is signed up for Parent/Guardian Webadvisor, they are also able to e-sign via Parent/Guardian Webadvisor access.  The paper forms are also available on our forms page and may be faxed to Financial Aid & Scholarships at 843-349-2347.
  2. IF you are planning on Stafford Loans:
    1. Sign a Master promissory Note (MPN):
    2. This is your agreement with the government to repay the loans. You can complete this electronically at www.studentloans.gov. You will likely receive a paper copy of the Promissory Note in the mail. We recommend completing this online if you have not already mailed this.
    3. Complete Entrance Loan Counseling:
    4. This is an online counseling session required by the Department of Education. It can be completed at www.studentloans.gov using the student's FSA ID.

     Both steps above require the student's FSA ID in order to electronically sign the documents.

  1. IF you have been awarded a CCU Merit Scholarship:
    Please reject/decline your scholarships via WebAdvisor. Under the "Financial Aid" Banner, click on the "Reject My Financial Aid Awards" option.
  2. IF you have been awarded a scholarship from a source other than CCU:
    Please mail your award letter and/or check to Coastal Carolina University, Office of Student Accounts, PO Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528. This type of aid will not appear as pending financial aid on the student's bill. It will be posted directly to the student's account.
  3. IF you participate in a tuition pre-payment plan (such as a 529):
    Please contact the Office of Student Accounts. This type of aid will not appear as pending financial aid on the student's bill.   Email: studentaccounts@coastal.edu - Phone: 843-349-2159
  4. IF you need additional loans:
    Please apply now. You may visit our loan webpage for information on the different types of loans. To estimate how much you will need for the academic year, subtract your financial aid from the 2015-2016 ESTIMATED charges below:

2015-2016 Tuition and Fees

For Instate Students

For Out of State Students




Average On Campus Room Charge



Average Meal Plan Charge



Total DIRECT Charges



  1. Can you pay this amount? If not, please consider the following options:
    • Setting up an installment payment plan with the Office of Student Accounts
    • Having your parents apply for a Parent PLUS loan
    • Applying for a private loan
    • Paying out-of-pocket

Please be sure to check for Fee Payment Deadlines