Link to CCU Home Page
Link to Quick Links
Link to Search Link to CCU Home Page
Graduate Studies
image for decoration
link to CCU/HCS home
LOGIN INFORMATION Please choose from the following links to log into the system.
First-time CCU Graduate Student Continuing CCU Graduate Student PROGRAM INFORMATION M.Ed. Degree Program of Study M.Ed. Degree Program Tracking Sheet M.Ed. Degree Program Competencies M.Ed. Course Descriptions M.Ed. in Early Childhood and Elementary Education Proposed M.Ed. in Learning and Teaching Tuition Reduction Voucher F.A.Q.Blackboard COURSE OFFERINGS
Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions - Graduate Students

How are Students Admitted to the University?

Students are admitted to graduate study at the University through the Office of Graduate Studies and are placed in either one of two general categories: candidates for degrees or non-degree candidates. Applicants are required to meet all standards for admission if they wish to pursue a degree program. The category of non-degree admission is available for qualified students with reasons for earning graduate credit without a degree objective. Credits earned as a non-degree student may be applied toward degree requirements only upon the approval of the academic unit offering the degree. Students admitted in a non-degree classification are not eligible for student financial aid.

How Many Credits Can I Transfer Into a Degree Program at the University?

Up to 12 semester hours of credit with grades of B or above (or equivalent grades if a different system is used) from other institutions of approved graduate standing may be transferred for use into a degree program with the following restrictions. Credit must have been earned at an institution accredited, at the time the course work was completed, by a regional accrediting commission. The only exceptions to this standard are as follows: transfer from foreign institutions, transfer coursework completed at an institution accredited by a recognized accrediting body, or the acceptance of credit for military education. Graduate credit is not accepted for portfolio-based experiential learning which occurs prior to the student's matriculation into a Coastal Carolina University graduate program and which has not been under the supervision of the institution. The applicability of transfer credit for degree completion purposes is determined by the academic unit offering the degree.

How May I Check My Grades?

Hard copies of grade receipts are not distributed at the completion of each course. Students can check their grades online at Coastal's website as follows:

  1. Get online and go to
  2. Select WebAdvisor for Students.
  3. Choose Grades/GPA By Term or Total/Course/Grades Listing,
  4. Log in using your UserName/PIN to view your grades (If you have forgotten your UserName/PIN, you may choose "Forgot your WebAdvisor UserName or PIN?" and follow the directions.
  5. After you have entered your UserName/PIN, your grade report will appear on the screen.
  6. Neither your name nor identifying information will appear on the screen.
  7. You may print a copy of your grades at this time if you choose.

How Can I Request a Copy of My Transcript?

Coastal Carolina University will issue up to twelve (12) official transcripts per student per calendar year at no charge. A non-refundable fee of $5.00 per copy must accompany subsequent requests that are made within the same calendar year. Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to Coastal Carolina University at the University Bursar's Office. Coastal Carolina reserves the right to alter this charge at any time.

Transcript(s) will not be released to/for anyone except the student, unless appropriately requested in writing by the student. Picture identification must be presented when requesting transcripts in person. All transcript requests must be made in writing. Transcript Request Forms are available online at Forms also may also be obtained from the Office of the Registrar, Singleton Building, Room 116. Written requests may be submitted in lieu of a Transcript Request Form. All requests must contain the following information:

Student's full name (include all names used while attending the University); Social Security Number; Date of birth; Student's current mailing address; Address where the transcript is to be mailed; First and last terms attended at Coastal Carolina (include specific year and term for both); Signature of student; and Date of request.

Mail or fax requests to: Transcripts, Office of the Registrar, Coastal Carolina University, PO Box 261954, Conway SC 29528-6054, Fax:(843) 349-2909

How Much Time do I have to Complete a Degree?

A student is expected to obtain a degree in accordance with the requirements set forth in the regulations in force at the time he/she is admitted to degree candidacy, or under subsequent regulations published while he/she is enrolled as a degree candidate. A student is restricted in his/her choice to the requirements of one specific catalog. Students have a period of 6 years inclusive and continuous in which to claim the rights of a specific catalog.

How do I get an Adviser?

Every graduate student admitted to a degree program is assigned an academic adviser. Students admitted as non-degree students, that is, those who do not seek degree admission or who have not yet met all the conditions for degree candidacy, are not assigned to advisers. They may, however, consult with the designated graduate administrator within the college where their course work is offered about both specific and general questions. For contact information on graduate program coordinators for degrees offered, go to or phone the appropriate college at the end of this listing.

How Can I Find Out More About Graduate Study at the University?

One of the easiest ways to find out about graduate study at Coastal Carolina University is by visiting the University's graduate studies website at Additionally, students are encouraged to contact the University by phone and are directed to the following numbers for reference

Contacting the University

Spadoni College of Education 349-2604
College of Natural and Applied Sciences 349-2202
College of Humanities and Fine Arts 349-2421
Wall College of Business Administration 349-2641
Office of Admissions ( 349-2026
Office of the Bursar 349-2159
Office of Financial Aid 349-2313
Office of Graduate Studies 349-2394
Office of the Registrar ( 349-2019
University Bookstore 349-2360
University Switchboard347-3161
Link to CCU Home Page
University Policies | Site Policies | Contact Us
© 2015 Coastal Carolina University | P.O. Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528-6054 | +1 843-347-3161