Other Medical Procedures
Removal/drainage of cysts
- Removal or draining of a cyst (swollen fluid-filled lump) may be done for a variety of different reasons.
- Wart or skin tag removal
- Warts are small, benign growths caused by a viral infection of the skin or mucous membrane..
- Minor suturing
- Small lacerations on the body may be sutured along with staple suturing for head injuries at SHS.
- Removal of foreign body
- "Foreign" means "originating elsewhere" or simply "outside the body." Foreign bodies typically become lodged in the eyes, ears, nose, or other body cavities of human beings.
- Removal technique varies according to where the foreign body is located.
- Treatment of burns
- Treatment method is dependent on the severity of the burn.
- SHS will typically clean the burn area, perform a debridement, and apply the appropriate dressing.
- Eye irrigation
- Used to remove a foreign body or obstruction by flushing the eye with a saline solution.
- Ear irrigation
- It involves the removal of cerumen (earwax) from the ear canal using a stream of warm water which sometimes contains a small amount of hydrogen peroxide.
254 University Boulevard
Across the street from Baxley Hall
(east side of University Blvd)
click on map below
Student Health Services
Coastal Carolina University
251 University Boulevard
Conway, South Carolina 29526