General Closing Information
- Main Campus and University Place will close at 12:00pm (noon) on May 11, 2013.
- Residents are expected to vacate the halls within 24 hours of their last exam.
- Students are required to check out with their Resident Assistant (RA). To avoid additional charges, students must make sure to follow the check-out check list provided by their RA. Improper check-outs will result in $100 fee.
- Rooms/apartments must be cleaned prior to a student leaving. Students cannot check out of their space until it is clean!
- Graduating seniors and those participating in graduation should contact their Resident Director (RD) to arrange a late check out.
- Blue Ridge will re-open for summer students on May 12, 2013 at 3:00pm.
- If you have a Maymester assignment, contact your RD to arrange a late check-out.
- The deadline to request a late check-out is May 1, 2013.
Residence Halls Close - May 11
First Day of Maymester - May 13
First Day of Summer I Classes - June 10
Fall 2013 Assignments Live - July 1
First Day of Summer II Classes - July 15
Freshman Move-In - August 16
Fall 2013 Upperclass Move In - August 17 & 18
First Day of Fall Classes - August 19
What is Clean?
- All personal items packed and removed.
- Posters, pictures, and wall art taken down.
- Trash taken to the dumpsters.
- Floors vacuumed/swept.
- Furniture dusted/cleaned.
- Bathrooms (showers toilets, and sinks) cleaned.
- In UP and the Woods, kitchens cleaned.
- Refrigerators emptied and cleaned.
- Cabinets emptied and wiped out.
- Microwaves cleaned.
- Dishwasher emptied and cleaned.
24-Hour Quiet Hours...
...begin Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 10:00pm. Please be courteous to your peers especially when you are packing and moving during check out. Failure to comply may result in immediate dismissal from the halls.
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.
- Apply for Housing
- Maintenance Requests
- Forms and Requests
- Cable Channel Lineup
- Chant Family Forum
65.5° / 18.6° C