Intercultural Experience Community
Are you interested in learning about other cultures through first-hand interaction with students from different countries? If so, you should consider joining the Intercultural Experience Community.
International students and American students will be paired as roommates to live in the Intercultural Experience community. This community is designed to cultivate friendships, increase intercultural understanding, and encourage mutual sharing of knowledge and experiences.
While programming will develop around the interests of the members of this community, potential programs may include:
- Stammtisch-style discussions (informal gatherings) on current topics of international interest with fellow students and distinguished faculty and staff;
- Opportunities to learn about study abroad, international internships, and international service learning from student Global Ambassadors returning from international experiences;
- Identifying and developing exciting on-campus and off-campus activities to enhance cross cultural awareness, including International Education Week;
- Participation in intercultural programming at local schools and community libraries; and
- Community dinners and social gatherings.
What will you gain from living in the Intercultural Experience Community?
- Potential for developing lifelong friendships with students from around the world
- An enhanced ability to understand and adapt to cultural diversity and intercultural issues
- Activities to experience and learn about cultural traditions and to broaden your worldview
- Opportunities to cultivate your leadership skills
- Melissa Paschuck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are interested in being part of this community, please complete this survey.
University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety & success.
67.3° / 19.6° C