Short-Term Study Abroad Program Development
Thank you for your interest in leading a Short-Term Study Abroad Program for the 2015/2016 Academic Year. CCU faculty and staff are invited to submit program applications for established or new short-term study abroad programs. CCU faculty and staff interested in leading a program need to submit only one application per proposed program to the Office of International Programs and Services (OIPS) by Friday, March 6, 2015. Beginning this year, all faculty interested in submitting a proposal are required to indicate their intent to submit to their department chairs and to the Geoffrey Parsons in the Office of International Programs and Services by January 30, 2015 to enable coordination across departments and effective support of proposal development. Please use the following documents to help you with this process.
- CCU Study Abroad Program Development & Implementation Guide for Program Leaders
- Results of International Education Interest Survey - Fall 2014 (n=529 CCU students)
- 2015-2016 Short-Term Study Abroad Program Proposal Document
- 2015-2016 Short-Term Study Abroad Program Budget Template
- Fall CeTEAL Writing Circle for Short-term Study Abroad Development (September - October 2014): Concluded
- Spring CeTEAL Writing Circle for Short-term Study Abroad Development (January - February) - begins January 22, 2015 for a four-week series - Register at CeTEAL
- January 30, 2015: Deadline to email intent to submit a program proposal for short-term study abroad programs for the 2015/16 cycle (include name of program leaders, location, time period [ May, Spring, Summer I, etc.] and courses being considered). Send email with this information to Geoff Parsons (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your department chair please.
- February 20, 2015: Deadline to submit completed application to Department Chair for signatures
- Friday, March 6, 2015: 2015/2016 Study Abroad Program Proposals are due in in the Office of International Programs and Services with all materials and signatures completed.
- April 2015: Program decisions to Program Leaders
Program Application Instructions
- One completed application per program
- The completed application containing approval signatures and all required materials must be submitted to the Office of Internatioanl Programs and Services in Jackson Student Union, Room A109, by Friday, March 6, 2015.
- An electronic version of the application must also be submitted to Geoff Parsons at email@example.com, as well as electronic versions of any supplemental information, such as the proposed program budget and itinerary.
If you have any questions about the application process or need any guidance in developing a program application, please contact Geoff Parsons to schedule a time to meet (firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 843 349 2054).