Beijing Language and Culture University
Located in the Haidian District of Beijing, People's Republic of China
During the 50 years since its founding, BLCU has taught Chinese language and culture to over 100,000 international students from 160 countries and regions around the world who are now proficient in Chinese and familiar with Chinese culture. Nowadays, more than 10,000 international students and over 5,000 Chinese students come here to study each year.
|Single Room Rates (RMB/day)||Facilities|
|90—160||TV, phone (Phone bill not included), Internet access (fee not included), air-conditioner, refrigerator, bathroom, closet, etc.|
|Double Room Rates (RMB/bed/day)||Facilities|
|60-80||TV, phone (Phone bill not included), Internet access (fee not included), air-conditioner, refrigerator, bathroom, closet, etc.|
|45-65||TV, phone (Phone bill is not included),Internet access (fee not included), public closet and bathroom, etc.|
Conference Centre (Hotel-style rooms)
|Standard Single Room||125—198||TV, phone (Phone bill not included), Internet access (fee not included), air-conditioner, refrigerator, bathroom, closet.|
|Luxury Single Room||205—348|
|Luxury Double Room||398|
Home for International Students
|Single Room||125—180||TV, phone (Phone bill not included), Internet access (fee not included), air-conditioner, refrigerator, bathroom, private toilet.|
Qualifications: 3.0 GPA
Course Taught in English:
Courses Previously Approved:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What's on and around the campus?
There are on campus various sports facilities, a branch of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, a Post Office, grocery, store, laundry, etc. Around the campus there are several big supermarkets and shopping malls and a number of restaurants, hotels and cafes with unique characters. The campus is on the bus route of line 307, 331, 690, 375, 562, 957, 86, etc. and the light-rail station of line 13 is several minutes' walk away.
2. What do the " Non-Chinese permanent mailing address ", "place of birth" and " Name of current school, university, or employer " refer to respectively?
Non-Chinese permanent mailing address: Your address out of the territory of China; please be as specific as possible.
Place of birth: The name of the city where you were born.
Name of current school, university, or employer: For students or those who have just graduated, please fill in the name of the school or university you are in or graduated from; for those who are working please fill in the name of the company you are working for.
3. Must the emergency contact be a Chinese ?
The emergency contact can be either a Chinese or a foreigner, e.g. the applicant's parents, relatives and friends. But students cannot be a contact person.
4. Can applicants without HSK apply for a B.A. Program?
They can apply for one of the two B.A. Programs only, Chinese Language and Chinese Language and Culture. And they will need to take an HSK test organized by the university before the term begins. Those who pass the test can attend the B.A.program; Those who fail should study Chinese for half a year as pre-degree students, and transfer to B.A. program when they pass the final exam. Registration fee for HSK test is 250 RMB, and 3 passport photos are required.
5. What is the application procedure for those who are studying in other Chinese universities than BLCU?
Besides all the documents required, listed on the Application Form, you should also provide the following documents:
1. A sealed transfer letter from the Foreign Students' Office of the university;
2. A recommendation letter from the class teacher of the university concerned;
3. A photocopy of the student's visa or residence permit in China.
How to Apply:
1) Download the application form and programs list (http://www.studyinblcu.cn)
2) Fill in the Application Form (please refer to question 3), and prepare all the documents listed on the application form
3) Pay application fee (choose one method from A, B, and C)and get a payment confirmation
??A. on-line payment (recommended, http://www.studyinblcu.cn)
??B. Telegraphic transfer (c.f. the Application Form)
??C. Pay cash at the Admission Office for Foreign Students (the Office), if the application documents are submitted at the Office
4) Submit application documents (choose one from A, B, and C)
??A. scan the documents, and email them to the Office (recommended, please refer to the application form for email addresses)
??B. mail application documents to the Office
??C. submit application documents in person at the Office
5) Wait for the admission letter. And you may call or email the Office to inquire about the status of your application, at least two weeks after you have submitted the application documents successfully.