How to SIGN-UP for CCU Alert
SECTION I - To receive CCU Alert via text message:
1. Click on the link below, which will take you directly to the form for creating a new account. Have your cell phone with you and on.
2. Login using your CCU username and pin. The next screen will show your CCU username, first name and last name. Create a new password for CCU Alert. Enter a mobile phone number and select the carrier. Click on CREATE ACCOUNT.
3. You will receive a validation code via text message. Type the 4-digit code in the box and click VALIDATE.
SECTION II - To receive CCU Alert via text message and a personal email address:
Although CCU will send emergency notifications to CCU email addresses, you may also elect to receive a message through a personal email address.
To do this, sign up for text messaging using the instructions in Section I. Then, click on Manage Existing Account, entering your username and password as requested. Click on the Services tab. Enter a personal email address in the Add an Email box. Click Add. A message containing a link will be sent to the email address; click on the link to activate the account.
SECTION III - To receive CCU Alert via email only:
For students, faculty and staff who do not subscribe to a text messaging plan, there is an option to receive a message through a personal email address.
NOTE: CCU automatically sends emergency messages to CCU email addresses. We recommend that personal email addresses be added so that you may receive an additional form of communication.
1. Click on Create New Account. Click on the link to receive CCU Alert via a personal email address.
2. Choose your own user name and password. Enter a personal email address.
3. You will receive a validation notification via your personal email account. Click on the link to validate.
Students may enter a mobile telephone number and an email address for their parent/guardian or spouse/significant other to receive CCU Alert messages via text message and/or email. Students may add up to two additional contacts to CCU Alert.
To add a parent/guardian or spouse/significant other, students should click on Manage Existing Account and enter their CCU username and password as requested. Click on the Services tab. There, students have the option to enter a mobile telephone number (for text message) and/or email address for a parent/guardian or spouse/significant other in the boxes as noted.
To add text alerts, a validation code will be sent via text message to the parent/guardian or spouse/significant other. In order to activate the additional account(s), the STUDENT must enter that validation code (using their student CCU username and password).
To add email alerts, an email message containing a link will be sent to the parent/guardian or spouse/significant other; they will be asked to click on the link in the email to activate the account.
SECTION V - To receive a CCU Alert message via a website homepage:
You may also add CCU Alert messages through Google and other RSS feeds. To do this, click on Manage Existing Account, entering your username and password as requested. Click on the Services tab. Follow directions as noted.
Access your account by using the Login Page on the right column.
Safety & Transportation
470 Allied Drive
PO Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
Carissa A. Medeiros, Director