- Applicants — Accounts are generated when the application fees are paid. The username and temporary password to setup the account will be mailed to the applicant's home address.
- New Students — Student accounts are created when applicants have been accepted and enrollment fees have been paid. A letter with the username, temporary password and a link to the account setup page will be sent to the student's home address. If the account was already setup during the application process, the student account information is available at www.coastal.edu/search/password.
- Current Students — Current students keep the same username during their enrollment at Coastal Carolina University. Forgotten account information can be retrieved on the lookup screen at www.coastal.edu/search/password. If we do not have a security question on file for a student, ITS (Wall 105) or the Registrars office (Singleton 116) can provide the username, temporary password and account setup web address with a photo id.
- Former Students — Students who graduated on or after Fall 2004 will keep their accounts indefinitely. Students that have not graduated and have missed two consecutive major terms (i.e. Fall/Spring) will have their accounts removed from the system. Former graduates can request an account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need login information, use the lookup screen at www.coastal.edu/search/password. If you do not have a security question on file, visit ITS (Wall 105) or the Registrar's Office (Singleton 116) with a photo ID. The Registrar's Office can also be contacted about mailing the account information.
- Lifelong Learning Students — No accounts are generated for students that are only enrolled in lifelong learning courses.
- Faculty/Staff — Faculty & Staff accounts are generated automatically after an employee's records are activated by the Office of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity (HREO). Contact HREO email@example.com with any questions about employee status. Any Faculty or Staff that have ever attended a class at Coastal Carolina University and do not have a security question on file, will need to visit ITS (Wall 105) with a photo ID to get login information.
- Parents — Parents receive a WebAdvisor account to access specific financial information about their student only if the student grants this access within webadvisor. The account will be available by the next business day and the parent will receive an e-mail with instructions to setup the account.