Associate Provost for Assessment and Accreditation (1)
Director of Institutional Research, Assessment and Analysis (1)
Chair of Core Curriculum Committee (1)
Associate Deans, one from each college (4)
Assessment Coordinators, one from each college (4)
Representative from Student Affairs (2)
Director of University Academic Center and First-Year Experience (1)
Representative from Kimbel Library (1)
Director of CETL Center (1)
Student representative (1)
- Develop a University assessment plan aligned with the mission and vision of the University and its Strategic Plan, including policies and procedures to provide a framework that will be used to guide the institution to move from initial implementation of assessment to the mature levels for continuous improvement.
- Develop institutional principles of commitment that aligns with the mission and vision of the University.
- Consensus about what the institution expects students to represent or demonstrate along the continuum of their learning.
- Determine how faculty engaged in assessment inquiry will be used towards promotion and tenure and develop mechanisms to recognize and reward faculty and departments for making substantial contributions to assessment efforts.
- Provide leadership in the review, evaluation and continuous improvement of the major and department assessment plans, and develop a process through which yearly University reports of assessment activities are submitted.
- Disseminate results of academic areas in order to use assessment to inform the budget process.
- Communicate information on student learning outcomes for accountability and transparency to stakeholders.
- Review final reports from the General Education Assessment Committee, University Assessment Initiatives Committee, Faculty Development Assessment Committee, and each of the College Assessment Committees for continuous improvement.
- Provide an annual report to the administration documenting strengths and weaknesses of the University’s effort in assessment and institutional effectiveness.