- The ITS Help Desk is the preferred method for faculty and staff to seek technical support. If urgent help is needed call x2084.
- Technical support is available 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For weekend and evening tech support, please call x3401.
CLASSROOM TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
- If support for classroom technology is needed during a class time within normal working hours, please call Equipment Checkout in Media Services at 349-2890.
- If you require assistance with a classroom technology outside normal working hours, please call 843-283-1155.
- You can look up your password at https://www.coastal.edu/search/password/.
CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD
- In order to change your password, login to https://www.coastal.edu/search/password/. Once logged in, click on the Change Password button.
E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LISTS - There are several e-mail distribution lists utilized by the various departments at the University. Please consult your department administrative support for details.
EQUIPMENT SETUP, INSTALLATION AND MOVES
- When a new computer, network printer or other computer peripheral is delivered please put in an ITS Help Desk ticket. An IRC will ensure that the equipment is configured to securely and efficiently function on university networks and that all necessary software and peripherals are installed.
- An IRC is also responsible for completing and returning Inventory Control forms to Campus Supply.
- When contemplating equipment relocation across the room or across the campus please consult an IRC through the Help Desk. A survey of the new location will be made to determine any connectivity needs. The IRC will act as a liaison with the ITS hardware and network groups to meet those needs and minimize downtime. Assistance will also be provided in uninstalling equipment in the originating location and reinstallation in the destination location.
- An IRC will also assist in reporting new locations of inventory to Campus Supply.
SURPLUS EQUIPMENT/HARDWARE SANITIZATION (section 6)
- If network problems are suspected please check the status of the University networks at myCoastal in the network status area, WebMail login page, and ITS homepage in the alert area before submitting a request for support via the ITS Help Desk.